Para preguntarle a alguien sus preferencias
* Would you like to visit the castle, while you are here? ¿te gustaría ...?
* How would you feel about Simon joining us? ¿qué te parecería si ...?
* What do you like doing best when you're on holiday? ¿qué es lo que más te gusta hacer ...?
* What's your favourite film? ¿cuál es tu ... preferida?
* Which of the two proposed options do you prefer? ¿cuál de las dos ... prefiere?
* We could either go to Rome or stay in Florence - which would you rather do? ¿qué preferirías ...?
Para expresar gustos
* I'm very keen on gardening me gusta mucho
* I'm very fond of white geraniums and blue petunias me gustan mucho
* I really enjoy a good game of squash after work disfruto con
* There's nothing I like more than a quiet night in with a good book no hay nada que me guste más que
* I have a weakness for rich chocolate gateaux siento debilidad por
* I've always had a soft spot for the Dutch siempre he sentido debilidad por
Para decir lo que a uno no le gusta
* Acting isn't really my thing - I'm better at singing no es lo mío
* Watching football on television isn't my favourite pastime no es mi ... preferido
* Some people might find it funny but it's not my kind of humour no es mi tipo de
* I enjoy playing golf, although this type of course is not my cup of tea no es plato de mi gusto
* Sitting for hours on motorways is not my idea of fun no es lo que yo llamo divertirse
* The idea of walking home at 10 or 11 o'clock at night doesn't appeal to me no me resulta nada atractiva
* I've gone off the idea of cycling round Holland se me han quitado las ganas de
* I can't stand o can't bear the thought of seeing him no soporto
* I am not enthusiastic about shopping in large supermarkets no me entusiasma
* I'm not keen on seafood no me entusiasma
* I don't like the fact that he always gets away with not helping out in the kitchen no me gusta que
* What I hate most is waiting in queues for buses lo que más detesto es
* I dislike laziness since I'm such an energetic person myself me desagrada
* There's nothing I dislike more than having to go to work in the dark no hay nada que me guste menos que
* I have a particular aversion to the religious indoctrination of schoolchildren siento una aversión especial por
* I find it intolerable that people like him should have so much power me resulta intolerable que
Para decir lo que uno prefiere
* I'd prefer to o I'd rather wait until I have enough money to go by air preferiría
* I'd prefer not to o I'd rather not talk about it just now prefiero no
* I'd prefer you to give o I'd rather you gave me your comments in writing prefiero que
* I'd prefer you not to o I'd rather you didn't invite him prefiero que no lo invites
* I like the blue curtains better than the red ones ... me gustan más que ...
* I prefer red wine to white wine prefiero ... a
Para expresar indiferencia
* It makes no odds whether you have a million pounds or nothing, we won't judge you on your wealth da lo mismo que tengas
* I really don't care what you tell her as long as you tell her something me trae sin cuidado lo que
* It's all the same to me whether he comes or not me da igual que ... o que
* I don't mind at all - let's do whatever is easiest me da exactamente lo mismo
* It doesn't matter which method you choose to use no importa qué
* I don't feel strongly about the issue of privatization no tengo una opinión definida sobre
* I have no particular preference no tengo preferencias